Sunday, April 15, 2012

Hard Times

These are very hard times. My father keeps screaming in pain, and it really doesn't stop for longer than a few seconds. Yet he has trouble speaking. He did say two things today, however, that were very hard to hear. The first of these was: "What a terrible way to die, this lung cancer." The second was: "I'm glad you're here. I don't think I'll have very much notice when I go. I think I'll just start having pain, and then I'll be gone."

I'm thankful for the fact that he's here. I thought he might not make it after what happened a few weeks ago, but he did. Now I can be here on the weekends to see him. I'm spending my sleepless studying-for-finals nights in his room while he screams in pain. But at least I'm here.

I started this blog last year, and I hope no one ever finds it. I just need to get stuff out there so I can deal with it. It isn't like it makes for great conversation fodder with law school classmates. So thanks, e-void, for letting me vent.

No comments:

Post a Comment